The Waffle House shooter was known to be mentally ill and had his guns confiscated by police. His dad gave them back to him. Seriously WFT???
Sheriff Robert Huston in Tazewell County, Illinois, said deputies allowed Reinking’s father to take possession of the guns on the promise that he would “keep the weapons secure and out of the possession of Travis.” Huston added that, based on past deputies’ encounters with Reinking, “there’s certainly evidence that there’s some sort of mental health issues involved.”
While Huston said it was unclear how Reinking reclaimed the guns, Nashville Police spokesman Don Aaron said that his father “has now acknowledged giving them back.”
This is a favorite of mine. My lovely wife makes this for me now that we’ve found a key ingredient: Siling Labuyo or Filipino long peppers. I had to order seeds on Amazon and grow them in our garden. But you can substitute Cubanelle peppers. Perhaps you can find the correct peppers and the suka (vinegar) in a Asian grocery. We use Datu-Puti brand. The west coast has a larger Filipino population and are probably better stocked than the meager pickings found in Florida.
It’s very light with only 2 Weight Watcher points per serving. We serve with rice, as is the custom in the Philippine. And perhaps some Pinakbet (Filipino vegetable sauté). But that’s a recipient for another post.
- 3 Swahi Filets or other mild white fish, each cut into 3 or 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup suka (Filipino Cane Vinegar) or white vinegar
- 1/2 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed with a knife blade
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 or 4 Siling Labuyo or small Cubanelle peppers, leave whole
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except the fish into a large sauté pan and bring to a boil. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pieces of fish, and let poach until just done. It’s best not to overcook the fish.
Never have I cheered harder for a law suit to succeed and bankrupt someone. He knowingly lied and increased the pain of people who lost their children in a terrible tragedy.
This morning’s news reported that each time Mitt Romney repeats that he won’t run for president his poll numbers improve. I’d maintain this is no coincidence. The less likely it is that we’ll be seeing Willard, the more the public likes it.