We did this Filipino style vegetable dish. It’s simple, low calorie and tasty! I ate it before I thought of taking a picture. Maybe next time. I swear I know how to cook other things, I’m just on this Filipino kick lately. It’s under appreciated.
- 2 Chinese eggplants
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- Onion, 1/4 cup chopped
- 1 tablespoon or to taste of Filipino shrimp paste (bagoong), I use spicy from Barrio Fiesta. That’s the best we can find near by.
- Pierce the eggplants a few times on each side with a fork and grill or cook under a broiler until the skin just begins to split, about 4 minutes per side.
- While that’s cooking seed and chop the tomato and onion and mix with the bagoong. Salt to taste if needed, the bagoong is pretty salty by itself.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape the meat from the skin. Chop it up and top with the tomato mixture.